- Museum Hours: Daily, Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Closed Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Free On-Site Parking (300 spaces)
- Approximately 90 minutes needed for visit
- Ticket Prices (online or at the door): Adults $18; Seniors/Military/AAA/Students with ID $15; Children 5-15 (accompanied by an adult) $5; Children 4 and under free (Group discounts for 20 or more)
- Family Passes and Membership Information – Coming Soon!
- Private group tours for Motor Coach Organizations, Car Clubs and other VIP groups are available
- Volunteers and docents can apply online.
- Private collection of over 50 automobiles focuses on six decades of modern industrial automotive design and celebrates cars as works of art.
- From the fabulous ’50s to today’s hottest designs, separate exhibits of Ford Shelbys, Corvettes, World Cars, Fin Cars and Chrysler Mopars have been carefully curated to appeal to men as well as women and to all generations, from grandparents to parents to children.
- The museum’s Mid-20th Century modern furnishings are by iconic designers such as Americans Charles and Ray Eames and Florence Knoll Bassett and Denmark’s Arne Jacobsen and Hans Wegner.
- The museum’s cult classics include the Egg chair by Arne Jacobsen; the Bocca Sofa (representing Marilyn Monroe’s trademark pouty red lips) by Gufram Italy’s Studio 65; and the Joe Chair (inspired by New York Yankees centerfielder Joe DiMaggio’s baseball glove) by Italian designers de Pas, D’Urbino, Lomazzi.
- The Newport Car Museum is a 5o1(c3) organization.
- Address: Enter at light 1847 West Main Rd., Portsmouth, RI 02871 (www.NewportCarMuseum.org) Phone: 401-848-2277 Main Desk
- Located in a 114,000 sq. ft. building on 14 acres at the Raytheon Co. campus. The building was a former missile manufacturing plant.
- 55,000 square feet of museum space, includes:
- Exhibit areas
- 5000 sq. ft. Event Space/Banquet and Cocktail area (for 500 people)
- Corporate break-out rooms
- 30,000 sq. ft. of temperature-controlled storage space for approx. 70 private cars, with concierge service and garage, is located on-site and operated separately from the museum
- Private events and Corporate Meetings:
- Thunderbird Ballroom –5,000 square feet of dining and conference space, located adjacent to the colorful Fin Car exhibit, accommodates 300 for sit-down affairs or 500 for cocktails.
- The Hellcat, Viper, Cobra and Mag Wheel rooms add flexibility for smaller gatherings and conference break-out sessions.
- Car storage:
- Newport Car Storage, a separate entity from the Museum
- 30,000 square feet in size and provides high-security accommodation for approximately 70 cars and 20 motorcycles (the latter with their own space).
- 24-hour access, air conditioned, climate controlled and immaculately kept by a knowledgeable staff that provides storage, maintenance and detailing services on request
Museum and Facility Manager:
mobile +1 401-835-2371
Media and Communications Manager:
Media Pro Int’l, Barby.MacGowan@MediaProNewport.com
+1 401-849-0220 / +1 401-225-0249 mobile